Posts Tagged ‘travel’
Car Rental Insurance-To Buy Or Not To Buy
Last Updated on Thursday, 14 October 2010 08:31 Written by Craig Calvin Thursday, 14 October 2010 08:31
If you are a recent or frequent vehicle renter, you know the issues associated with vehicle rental insurance. This has become a big issue with many customers, as there are many points of view being considered about this topic. Ultimately, you will have to decide if you should take the additional insurance offered, or skip it altogether.
The real answer is, you might need the extra insurance. If your insurance policy and/or credit care insurance will cover any accidents, most people would think that is good enough and not give declining the extra insurance a second thought. The other side to all this reasoning, is that any damage might exceed the limits of your insurers, thus making you liable for any amounts above and beyond those limits. You will be insured, however it might be enough to cover all loses.
Not having car insurance or depending on a minimal coverage policy to properly cover any damages incurred when renting a vehicle will put you at greater personal financial risk and would be wise to purchase the additional rental insurance offered by the rental company, to make sure you are properly insured. This will truly give you peace of mind, no matter what occurs while you are renting the vehicle; you will know that the rental vehicle has the coverage that is necessary to keep you protected.
If you have very good car insurance and know that is will cover anything that happens to the rental vehicle in any situation and have additional coverage of the credit card company, you probably won’t need the extra expense of the rental insurance. However, be ready to hear the sales pitch of the rental agent that will sound very convincing. Unless you want to spend the going daily rate of $50 you can ignore any common sense pleas. Just remember to know all your facts to make an informed decision in your best interests.
Why would anyone think that car rental insurance is any different than your personal car insurance policy? In most all policies there is the expectation of the policy holders paying a deductible. This shouldn’t surprise anyone. The same amount of liability applies to rental as well as personal vehicles that are insured. To be on the safe side, just make sure you are protected with the best policy you can afford, just in case something happens unexpectedly.
Win A Cheap Vacation Today
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 October 2010 09:45 Written by Clayton Fisher Wednesday, 13 October 2010 09:45
If you want to know the secret to having inexpensive, fun family vacations, then learn to use every opportunity that comes your way. When a friend offers you their cabin on the lake, say yes. Can you have as much fun at the cheaper, closer amusement park? Then that’s where you need to be. Is your family’s idea of fun and creativity learning about campfire cookery?
In Michigan, and many other places, you can find reasonable motels on the beach. Cheaper, and usually more scenic, are the numerous campgrounds on the beaches of Lakes Michigan, Superior, and Huron. You can find these in Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and in Ontario, Canada. Below are a couple beach-based vacation ideas.
You can pick up a couple of metal detectors for less than you would spend on a couple of nights at a nice hotel. Hunting buried treasure on the beach or hiking in the mountains and exploring the ghost towns while staying nearby in a campground can be very rewarding. We always find interesting things when we take our metal detector to the beach. Whether you end up digging up quarters or pieces of history, the kids will have fun, learn something, and when they get bored and hot, the lake or campground pool is available for a quick dip.
This is enjoyable for everyone in your family and is much easier on the pocketbook. The treasures that the Great Lakes and Oceans send from their depths are fascinating. In Michigan, we used to find bouys, parts of houses, and light bulbs. The light bulbs actually worked, a mystery solved years later when a sailor told me they throw them overboard for target practice. We were finding the ones that escaped the bullets.
You can sometimes even find items that fall off of freighters, such as chunks of coal. You can bring them to your campfire at night and burn them. Also found were shells, rocks with fossils, Styrofoam that was used to make functional rafts, balloons that had messages attached, and–the list goes on and on.
Camping is probably the most cost-effective family vacation idea that will help to bring your closer together without spending a lot of money whether you camp in a tent or if you own an RV. Our family recently enjoyed an eight day stay with plenty of outdoor adventures at Williams Landing in Florida.
Cleveland Rental Cars Another good spot in terms of autumn vacation is the Great Smoky Mountains. And mountain biking through the rough terrains and spot different wildlife along the way. And other vacation spots become less expensive.
Plan A Vacation Soon
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 October 2010 09:19 Written by Clayton Fisher Wednesday, 13 October 2010 09:19
Wouldn’t it be fabulous to be able to jet off on an adventurous vacation, on the spur of the moment? However, in the past, it seemed difficult to do so due to high prices when booking at the last minute. You’ll be happy to know that it’s now possible to book a vacation on short notice and get a great deal on that vacation you’ve been wanting to take. Below are some easy tips to booking a cheap vacation at the last minute:
1. The Internet is your friend when it comes to finding sources that list inexpensive vacations which can be booked late. For example, you can find a number of good and reputable discount travel sites online that give great packages for tours of Europe, Caribbean getaways, Hawaiian trips, and much more. And you can expect to find a variety of bargain vacation packages available for a trip that you plan to take in the very near future. Users can check availability and prices on a wide range of vacation packages. If you are the kind of person who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money to get out of town fast, these sites are the perfect choice for you. Utilizing such services can save you upwards of 30% over the travel arrangements that you would be able to reserve as an individual.
2. If you will be traveling in the off-season, you can expect to find bargains on last minute vacations as well. As much as 10% or more can be saved when you travel in the off-season as compared with the peak season, when the identical vacation plans can be quite expensive. If your chosen destination is Europe, there are a variety of travel packages available to Rome, Paris, Athens, London, Frankfurt, Barcelona, and other European hot spots. While winter is the best time to take an inexpensive European tour, traveling to Mexico or Hawaii during the summer months is the best time to save money.
3. Choosing to visit a location a short time after a hurricane has moved through, will also yield inexpensive travel packages. Destinations that are hit by hurricanes, will be anxious to recoup any losses due to decreased tourism during a hurricane, and therefore, they will extend last minute vacation specials to encourage travel there. Not only will you travel on the cheap, you will be doing your part to assist a struggling economy.
4) Enjoy yourself and save money at the same time by spending your vacation with a group of friends. When you travel with companions, you can share the costs associated with the travel package. The travel discount websites that we mentioned earlier, are quite helpful for conducting a comparison, and choosing an inexpensive destination that fits your budget, and your vacation expectations.
5. You can save money by picking the cheapest time to fly. Typically, the most cost effective time to travel by air, is in the middle of the week. Another inexpensive time to travel by plane is during the “shoulder season.” This means, that flights will be less expensive in late March than in early April.
There are some simple steps you can take to reduce the risks of your home being burglarized. Also make sure the door cannot be lifted up off the track. Your neighbor can keep an eye on the house while you’re gone. Rome Italy Tourist Attractions
Getting Your Travel Plans Off The Ground
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 October 2010 08:56 Written by Craig Calvin Wednesday, 13 October 2010 08:56
Flying is one of the most convenient ways to get where you need to go fast but last minute travel plans can be difficult to arrange when you are dealing with commercial airlines. There is very little flexibility in the flights that airlines offer and if you live in a small remote location you may find that getting where you need to go in a hurry is simply just not possible. Many times flights to different regions are only offered once a week and this can be a real nightmare.
You will spend much more than just money by trying to meet an airline schedule, you will have a lot of hassle and stress along with it, making it very unpleasant. You do have some other options out there though, no matter if you live in a remote area with a small airport with only a few flights available. You can call a private jet charter business, they will be able to accommodate your travel needs from the local airport.
Due to the large number of airports that the charter companies fly out of that the commercial airlines don’t, flying private jet charter is highly convenient. At the smaller airports there is not enough passenger volume for the commercial carriers to bother with, it’s not cost effective for their business model. But the private charters do fly in and out of smaller and larger airports making traveling with them so easy for their clients.
When you need to travel on your schedule or even last minute you can always count on a private jet charter to come to your rescue. It is one of the best ways to get from point A to point B on your time schedule using the airports that are most convenient for you.
Of course there are many benefits to flying on a private jet charter but by far one of the best is the overall convenience. Being able to fly on your own schedule without hassles will leave you more time to do the important things in your life like spending time with family and friends, not spending that time getting home after a business meeting or holiday. That time is yours and you should be able to spend it anyway you choose.
There are many advantages to air charter, opposed to traveling with a commercial airline. For more information on private jet charters click on privatejetscharter.net today. They have professionals who can assist you and meet your every need. Check here for free reprint licence: Getting Your Travel Plans Off The Ground.