Posts Tagged ‘Apologizes’
Hank Williams Jr. apologizes for Obama-Hitler comment (Reuters)
Last Updated on Wednesday, 5 October 2011 04:44 Written by admin Wednesday, 5 October 2011 04:44
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Country new music singer Hank Williams Jr. canceled a Fox Information Channel job interview on Tuesday and mentioned he was sorry for any offense provided by his modern declaration evaluating President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler.
The apology of sorts was posted on his site a day soon after the Disney-owned cable jeu channel ESPN pulled Williams’ concept song from its newest “Monday Night Football” broadcast in a rebuke to the region star for his Hitler remark.
Appearing on the Fox News morning software “Fox & Pals” on Monday, Williams said he imagined that a June 18 golf summit pairing Obama with Republican Residence speaker John Boehner in the midst of the congressional price range crisis had “turned a whole lot of folks off.”
Asked what he did not like about the friendly bipartisan golf match, Williams replied, “Appear on! It’d be like Hitler enjoying golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu.” He went on to refer to Obama and Vice President Joe Biden as “the enemy.”
Soon after his “All My Rowdy Buddies” song was yanked from the “Monday Night time Football” opening by ESPN later on that day in protest, Williams issued a statement acknowledging that his “analogy was intense” but insisting it was meant to illustrate how ludicrous he believed it was for Obama and Boehner to staff up at golf.
“They’re roman policier opposites and it manufactured no sensation. They will not see eye-to-eye and in no way will,” the bearded singer explained.
Williams, sixty two, was scheduled to return to the Fox Information Channel with an interview on Tuesday on the “Hannity” present, but the network advised Reuters that the singer made a decision to cancel.
Hours later on, he posted but an additional, fairly far more contrite statement, stating: “I have constantly been extremely passionate about politics and sports, and this time it received the greatest or worst of me.
“The imagined of the leaders of each events jukin and substantial fiven on a golf training course, whilst so numerous households are struggling to get by merely created me boil over and make a dumb declaration, and I am very sorry if it offended anyone,” he wrote.
He concluded, “I would like to thank all my supporters. This was not authored by some publicist.”
The declaration was posted just below a link to a video clip from the ABC daytime discuss show “The Look at,” in which host Whoopi Goldberg suggested Williams was judged as well harshly.
“Hank is a musician, and he’s constantly been provocative,” Goldberg said on the demonstrate. “He could have picked his phrases far more properly, but as someone who actions in it quite often, we all do it. Those between us who are without having sin, cast the initial stone.”
Reporting on Williams’ apology on its personal web site Tuesday night time, ESPN said it had no remark on regardless of whether his song would be employed on foreseeable future telecasts.
(Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
Rand Paul supporter apologizes for stepping on activist’s head – MiamiHerald.com
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 October 2010 04:04 Written by admin Tuesday, 26 October 2010 04:04
A supporter of Republican U.S. Senate nominee Rand Paul is apologizing after he was seen on video stepping on a liberal activists head.
Tim Profitt, a volunteer with the Republicans U.S. Senate campaign, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the camera angle made the scuffle Monday night appear worse that it was. He criticized police for not stepping in and says other supporters warned authorities about the activist.
Paul has cut ties with Profitt, of Paris, Ky., who allegedly assaulted a liberal activist during a rally Monday night in Lexington, his campaign announced Tuesday afternoon.
Paul had been criticized earlier in the day for not denouncing the attack strongly enough, but the new statement said Paul is extremely disappointed in, and condemns the actions of what it called a supporter.
The Paul campaign has disassociated itself from the volunteer who took part in this incident, and once again urges all activists on both sides to remember that their political passions should never manifest themselves in physical altercations of any kind, the statement said.
The incident happened as Paul arrived at the Kentucky Educational Television studio on Cooper Drive in Lexington for a debate with Attorney General Jack Conway, his Democratic opponent.
Lauren Lizabeth Valle, 23, an activist with MoveOn.org, tried to get close to Paul to give him a fake award portraying him as a tool of big business, as the group has done elsewhere.
However, at least two men in the crowd grabbed her and pushed her down. Profitt put his foot on her shoulder and shoved down forcefully on her neck and head.
Police are investigating the incident as a fourth-degree assault. Anyone with information on the identities of others involved in the incident is asked to call Lexington police at (859) 258-3600.
A spokeswoman for MoveOn said Valle went to a hospital on Monday night to be checked and has a concussion. She was not admitted.
The stomping was one of two reported to Lexington police outside the debate. Paul supporter Marsha Foster, 49, reported that earlier in the night a person had intentionally stomped on her broken foot, causing minor visible injuries, according to a police report. Foster could not be reached immediately for comment.
Valle was trying to get her picture taken with Paul and present him an employee of the month award from RepubliCorp, a fictional name MoveOn is using around the country to illustrate its argument that right wing groups are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into the election to help the GOP take back Congress, said Eliza Brinkmeyer, a spokeswoman for MoveOn,
Valle told police the men intentionally forced her to the ground and began kicking her in the head, according to a police report. She reported pain in her left temple.
Police spokeswoman Sherelle Roberts said Tuesday that detectives were reviewing videos of the altercation.
Pauls campaign released a statement calling the altercation incredibly unfortunate.
Violence of any kind has no place in our civil discourse and we urge supporters on all sides to be civil to one another as tensions rise heading toward this very important election, the statement said.
On Fox News Tuesday morning, Paul said there was a lot of passion on both sides when he showed up for the debate. Scores of Paul and Conway supporters had gathered in the parking lot of KET.
It really was something where you walk into a daze of lights flashing, people yelling and screaming, bumping up. There was a bit of a crowd control problem, Paul said on Fox. I dont want anybody, though, to be involved in things that arent civil. I think this should always be about the issues. It is an unusual situation to have so many people, so passionate on both sides, jockeying back and forth and it wasnt something that I liked or anybody liked about that situation.
Justin Ruben, executive director of MoveOn.org, said in a statement that he was appalled by the incident.
Read the complete story at bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com